A very special day is coming… Valentine’s Day.
And for that day of lovers and love and chocolate and flowers and enough romance to fill you until next year’s V-Day, I decided to share my love for my beautiful, talented, sweet, funny, and slightly crazy better-half, Earth Nirvana-Charisma.
From today until V-Day, I will be posting a few pics of me wearing my wifey’s wares, and sharing a fond memory of why I love her so much.
First, even though I know you’re dying to see what I’m going to wear, I’m going to share a memory with you all.
I have to go all the way back to the beginning when my beloved saw a pic of me on Facebook wearing her shirt… well, it’s not like I stole it from her closet or anything. I had bought it in-world or on Marketplace, went out somewhere on the grid, took a pic of me while I was there, and posted it on FB. She, having seen the pic, decided to let me know she liked the shirt–and it wasn’t just because she MADE it. LOL
I talk about this moment in my 2012 post, When Bae Met Bunny: An Anatomy of a Working SL Relationship (Bunny’s Version).
I had posted the above pic as my profile pic on Facebook, and on May 19, 2011, I received my very first message from Earth: Love that shirt sistah.
May 25, 2011
Shon: Aw, thanks! I picked it up a while ago, but love wearing it,
May 28, 2011
Earth: Considering I made it…that is great to hear
May 28, 2011
Shon: Ha! Now that’s funny to me. I had a FEELING you made it. *chuckling*
After this brief exchange, Bae and I spent a few months talking via Facebook, posting comments to each other’s status updates and pictures before we finally “met” in-world and started hanging out. If I didn’t have such great taste in clothes (and wasn’t a camera junkie, always needing to take a quick pic of myself), I would have never met my beloved EarthyPoo… my Baebaebae.
Thank God for fashion, huh?
Items in bold and red below were created by my Bae!
- Blazer: Blazee short – Black [purchase]
- Leggins: Cappe – Black [purchase]
- Top: DCNY Crossover Top Crimson [purchase]
- Shoes: N-core COQUETTE Spikes Red [purchase]
- Hair: booN DRJ224 black [purchase]
- Hair2: booN gathered raised hairbase black [purchase]
- Nails: Manicures – Glitters (Texture Change via Hud) – 8 in 1 [purchase]
- Earrings: (EN) Whimsy – Rubee’s Cube [purchase]
- Ring: (EN) Possibilities – Red [purchase]
- Purse: (EN) E’s Cubix [purchase]
- Poses: Retro Dork [purchase], Je T’aime [purchase], and Grace [purchase] from aDORKable